Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Attachment

I like reflecting on how things change over the years. Yesterday, I was on the Authentic Happiness website and I took some of the tests. I knew I took a few of them 3 years ago and was wondering if anything had changed.

Things did. I went from 6.83/7 (100th percentile) to 5.83/7 (99th percentile) on "Attachment-related Avoidance." That's what college can do for your social skills.

My favorite test is the "Brief Strengths Test." I think it's pretty accurate. My main strengths are
  1. Judgment / Thinking things through
  2. Perspective / Wisdom
  3. Self-regulation / Self-control
  4. Prudence
  5. Humor (and I thought my jokes were bad)
while my weak areas are
  1. Vitality / Enthusiasm
  2. Love
  3. Leadership
  4. Mercy / Forgiveness
  5. Appreciation of art
I had the most dramatic declines in kindness (100th to 10th percentile), leadership (94th to 6th), and mercy (48th to 7th). I know why mercy declined; it did and its not a bad thing. Leadership is probably all in self-perception. I do wonder if I'm a much less kind person than I used to be.

1 comment:

  1. I thought your jokes were bad. ;)

    You're a good soul Steve.

    ReplyDelete