Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Dark Knight Rises

Tom Hardy is playing Bane. That is a shock. I guess the Nolans' take on the character will be different. A few people speculated, before Hardy was cast, that Bane could feature as a villian, but I don't think many expected him to be the lead. This is strange but I will give them the benefit of the doubt. I thought the other characters fit better with the mob subplot, but Bane is a better villain than the Black Mask.

Anne Hathaway was cast as Selina Kyle, who will also presumably become Catwoman since the series should end with this episode. Rumors are still circulating that they intend to cast another female lead, but I think Hathaway should suffice as both love interest and contagonist. If they do it will likely be Talia Al Ghul, filling in for her father as Bane's mentor and partner. I could see that working out, but would prefer the lone gunman Bane.

No comments:

Post a Comment